Are you an author with a manuscript you’re using as a doorstop? Or perhaps you have your own company and a wonderful story or idea but no idea what to do with it. Or you’re an artist and illustrator with a picture book thinking… what now?!
That’s where Megan Beadle comes in: This webinar will teach you the techniques of writing the perfect query letter.
You will learn:
- The do’s and don’ts of writing a query letter
- What makes a submission stand out among thousands of others in the slush pile
- What an editor or agent looks for in a literary novel, a genre book, a non-fiction pitch, or a picture book pitch and does it differ? Psst… YES!
- What the number one complaint about submissions is according to a survey of thousands of agents and editors in North America
- What the benefits of getting an agent and publishing traditionally are The number one most important secret when reaching out to agents
- And last, but not least, how to get that agent and book deal!
As I feel I am just a month or two away from trying to hire an agent for my latest book, Saving Tiberius, this webinar came along at a great time.
I would not hesitate to sign up for any future Canadian Authors Association webinars.
Post a Comment