Since 2008 I have been posting about the beer I have in my fridge for the Christmas holidays. I have been enjoying having a variety of beers in my fridge since first discovering the craft beer world. At Christmastime my fridge seems to have more of a variety of beer than any other time of the year.
Last Christmas I went out and bought a beer fridge, so Teena is more than happy to have the extra space for food in our kitchen fridge. It's a small fridge so some of these beers I may have only 2 or 3 of. So here are the beers I have this year that are not taking up room in the fridge in the kitchen:
- Black Oak Pale Ale - a favorite and a regular visitor to my fridge.
- Mill Street Vanilla Porter - Teena tried this at the airport and enjoyed it.
- Garrison Imperial IPA - a nice hoppy beer. I want to do their brewery tour one day.
- Flying Monkeys Smashbomb Atomic IPA - another regular in my fridge.
- 100 Mile Pale Ale - to be featured in this week's Beer of the Week.
- Great Lakes Crazy Canuck Pale Ale - a favorite of mine. I'll be getting more to have while cheering on our Canadian Downhillers at the Sochi Winter Olymics.
- Wychwood Brewery Bah Humbug - a nicely spiced Christmas ale.
- Cameron's RPA - my first taste of a Rye Pale Ale and I was hooked on them.
- Fullers 2010 and 2011 Vintage Ale - every year they brew them different. I need to get some 2013.
- Double Trouble Hops and Robbers - I love the citrussy tones in this ale.
- Unibroue Terrible - a 10.5% APV beer in a 750ml bottle. I'll have this on a more daring day.
- Witches Brew - another potent 9.3% beer in a 750 bottle. This one's from Belgium.
- Goose Island Sophie - I have been meaning to write about this one. Maybe I'll do that this week!
- Lake of Bays China Wall - After taking the above picture, our neighbors, Simone and Steve, dropped off a bottle of wine and this Vienna dark lager as Teena looks after their cat, Mabelline, when they go away. I didn't want to bring out all the beer again for another shot so did this one on its own.
Have a safe and happy holiday season! HoHoHo!