I am not a fan of stews but Teena loves them.
As she has been away for a week, I thought I would surprise her with a chicken stew. I found this recipe on Cooking for Two. It looked quite easy to whip up and I found that I had it all prepared in about half an hour.
3 skinless boneless chicken breast about 1 kg or a little over 2 lbs
2 large shallots or 1 large onion
4 carrots, or half of a 240 gram (12 0z) bag of baby carrots
2 celery stalks
250 ml (1 cup) frozen corn (not pictured)
900 ml of chicken broth
1 tsp dry thyme or to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
250 ml (1 cup) frozen peas (not pictured)
- Pour the chicken stock into the crock pot.
- Cut the potatoes into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes and add to pot.
- Dice the shallots or onion and add to pot. Cut baby carrots in half or regular carrots into 2.5 cm (1inch) slices and dice the celery. Add both to pot.
- Add frozen corn.
- Cut the chicken into 2.5 cm (1 Inch) cubes. Add to pot.
- Add thyme and ground pepper
- DO NOT ADD THE FROZEN PEAS YET!
- Set on low for 8 hours
Add the peas a half hour before serving.
Ready to serve!
I am staying away from carbs so I boiled some lentils and poured the contents, minus the potatoes, over them. The picture at the top of this post is Teena's dish with the potatoes.
It turned out delicious. Teena had two helpings, always a compliment! I am taking some over lentils to work tomorrow and Teena is having some tomorrow and freezing the rest. She wants me to make this again.
Of course, I will!
Post a Comment